Farmhand with mule-team and wagon on the Phillips Ranch, Rolling Hills Estates

Abstract/Description: Image shows a farmhand on a mule-drawn wagon leaving for plowing on the Phillips Ranch in an area that later became the Palos Verdes Golf Course. Several ranch structures are visible in background. Built in 1910 as the second home for the Phillips family, the ranch was located in Blackwater Canyon to the northeast of the present intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in Rolling Hills Estates. Harry Phillips Jr. (1889-1980) was the second son of Harry F. Phillips (b. 1867) Senior.
Subject(s): Ranches--California--Rolling Hills Estates
Mules
Carts & wagons
Phillips Ranch (Rolling Hills Estates, Calif.)
Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.)
1911-1920