Farmhands with mule-team, wagons and threshing machine on the Phillips Ranch, Rolling Hills Estates

Abstract/Description: Image shows a group of farmhands preparing a mule team to thresh grain on the north slopes of the Phillips Ranch, located in an area that later became the Palos Verdes Golf Course. Several wagons and a threshing machine are visible at right. Built in 1910 as the second home for the Phillips family, the ranch was located in Blackwater Canyon to the northeast of the present intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in Rolling Hills Estates.
Subject(s): Ranches--California--Rolling Hills Estates
Mules
Carts & wagons
Agricultural machinery & implements
Harvesting
Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.)
Phillips Ranch (Rolling Hills Estates, Calif.)
1911-1920