Barley thresher on the Phillips Ranch, Rolling Hills Estates

Abstract/Description: Image shows a barley thresher on the Phillips Ranch in an area that later became the Palos Verdes Golf Course. Several workmen are visible in front of the thresher, with several sacks of barley stacked at right. Built in 1910 as the second home for the Phillips family, the ranch was located in Blackwater Canyon to the northeast of the present intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in Rolling Hills Estates.
Subject(s): Ranches--California--Rolling Hills Estates
Agricultural machinery & implements
Threshing machines
Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.)
Phillips Ranch (Rolling Hills Estates, Calif.)
1911-1920