"E.D. Slingsby, Manager, Palos Verdes Golf Clubhouse."

Abstract/Description: Image shows full-length portrait of Ed Slingsby, clubhouse manager, standing in front of the entrance to the dining room of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. Mr. Slingsby, former manager of the Tam O'Shanter Inn on Los Feliz Boulevard in Los Angeles, became manager of the clubhouse in April of 1926. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Slingsby, Earl D. "E.D." (1898-1979)
Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Golf
Portraits
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
1920s