Farmhand threshing lima beans on the Phillips Ranch, Rolling Hills Estates

Abstract/Description: Image shows a farmhand threshing lima beans in a threshing machine on the Phillips Ranch, located in an area that later became the Palos Verdes Golf Course. Built in 1910 as the second home for the Phillips family, the ranch was located in Blackwater Canyon to the northeast of the present intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in Rolling Hills Estates.
Subject(s): Ranches--California--Rolling Hills Estates
Agricultural machinery & implements
Harvesting
Threshing machines
Lima beans
Phillips Ranch (Rolling Hills Estates, Calif.)
Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.)
1911-1920