Chadwick School Image Collection


This is a collection of images of the Chadwick School.

Chadwick School campus buildings with students, Palos Verdes, California
Chadwick School campus buildings with students, Palos Verdes, California
Image shows view of buildings with mature landscaping on the grounds of the Chadwick School, located at 26800 South Academy Drive, Palos Verdes. Two female students are visible walking on a path at center. Started in 1935 in San Pedro, by educator Margaret Lee Chadwick and her husband Commander Joseph Howard Chadwick, Chadwick is an independent K-12 day school, which at one time was a boarding school. It was the first high school on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Land for the school was donated to the Chadwicks by Frank Vanderlip, Sr., the New York financier who bought the Peninsula in 1913. Fred Roessler, the first mayor of the City of Palos Verdes Estates, donated $100,000 for the construction of the first building. Plot plans and drawings for the original building site including dormitories and classrooms were developed by architects and brothers, Birge M. Clark and David B. Clark., Includes duplicate 4.5 x 5.5 in print.
Chadwick School campus buildings, Palos Verdes, California
Chadwick School campus buildings, Palos Verdes, California
Image shows view of buildings surrounded by mature trees on the grounds of the Chadwick School, located at 26800 South Academy Drive, Palos Verdes. Started in 1935 in San Pedro, by educator Margaret Lee Chadwick and her husband Commander Joseph Howard Chadwick, Chadwick is an independent K-12 day school, which at one time was a boarding school. It was the first high school on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Land for the school was donated to the Chadwicks by Frank Vanderlip, Sr., the New York financier who bought the Peninsula in 1913. Fred Roessler, the first mayor of the City of Palos Verdes Estates, donated $100,000 for the construction of the first building. Plot plans and drawings for the original building site including dormitories and classrooms were developed by architects and brothers, Birge M. Clark and David B. Clark.
Chadwick School main entrance building and parking lot, Palos Verdes, California...
Chadwick School main entrance building and parking lot, Palos Verdes, California...
Image shows view looking north at the east facade of Roessler Hall and main parking lot on the campus of the Chadwick School, located at 26800 South Academy Drive, Palos Verdes. The building was completed in 1938 along with four other buildings to establish the Palos Verdes location of the Chadwick School, originally called the Chadwick Seaside School. Started in 1935 in San Pedro, by educator Margaret Lee Chadwick and her husband Commander Joseph Howard Chadwick, Chadwick is an independent K-12 day school, which at one time was a boarding school. It was the first high school on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Land for the school was donated to the Chadwicks by Frank Vanderlip, Sr., the New York financier who bought the Peninsula in 1913. Fred Roessler, the first mayor of the City of Palos Verdes Estates, donated $100,000 for the construction of the first building. Plot plans and drawings for the original building site including dormitories and classrooms were developed by architects and brothers, Birge M. Clark and David B. Clark.
Chadwick School main entrance building and parking lot, Palos Verdes, California...
Chadwick School main entrance building and parking lot, Palos Verdes, California...
Image shows view looking north at the east facade of Roessler Hall and main parking lot on the campus of the Chadwick School, located at 26800 South Academy Drive, Palos Verdes. The building was completed in 1938 along with four other buildings to establish the Palos Verdes location of the Chadwick School, originally called the Chadwick Seaside School. Started in 1935 in San Pedro, by educator Margaret Lee Chadwick and her husband Commander Joseph Howard Chadwick, Chadwick is an independent K-12 day school, which at one time was a boarding school. It was the first high school on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Land for the school was donated to the Chadwicks by Frank Vanderlip, Sr., the New York financier who bought the Peninsula in 1913. Fred Roessler, the first mayor of the City of Palos Verdes Estates, donated $100,000 for the construction of the first building. Plot plans and drawings for the original building site including dormitories and classrooms were developed by architects and brothers, Birge M. Clark and David B. Clark.
Chadwick School students, Palos Verdes, California
Chadwick School students, Palos Verdes, California
Image shows a group of twelve students standing along side a portico connecting two buildings on the Chadwick School campus. The Chadwick School was started in 1935 in San Pedro, by educator Margaret Lee Chadwick and her husband Commander Joseph Howard Chadwick. Chadwick is an independent K-12 day school, which at one time was a boarding school. It was the first high school on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Land for the school was donated to the Chadwicks by Frank Vanderlip, Sr., the New York financier who bought the Peninsula in 1913. Fred Roessler, the first mayor of the City of Palos Verdes Estates, donated $100,000 for the construction of the first building. Plot plans and drawings for the original building site including dormitories and classrooms were developed by architects and brothers, Birge M. Clark and David B. Clark., Donated by Margaret Lee Chadwick.