Local History Center General Photo Collection

Pages

Rolling Hills Estates City Hall, Rolling Hills Estates, California
Rolling Hills Estates City Hall, Rolling Hills Estates, California
Image shows night view of ranch-style city hall buildings for the City of Rolling Hills Estates, located at 4045 Palos Verdes Drive North, Rolling Hills Estates. White picket fencing, post box and Crenshaw Boulevard are visible in the foreground. Construction of the municipal buildings started in October, 1973. The building was dedicated on June 1, 1974. Prior to the completion of the building, the City of Rolling Hills Estates occupied leased space located at Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road since the city’s incorporation in 1957.
Rolling Hills Estates City Hall, Rolling Hills Estates, California
Rolling Hills Estates City Hall, Rolling Hills Estates, California
Image shows view of ranch-style city hall buildings for the City of Rolling Hills Estates, located at 4045 Palos Verdes Drive North, Rolling Hills Estates. White picket fencing is visible in the foreground. Construction of the municipal buildings started in October, 1973. The building was dedicated on June 1, 1974. Prior to the completion of the building, the City of Rolling Hills Estates occupied leased space located at Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road since the city’s incorporation in 1957.
Rolling Hills Estates city offices, Rolling Hills Estates
Rolling Hills Estates city offices, Rolling Hills Estates
Image shows view of city offices for the City of Rolling Hills Estates located at Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road and prior to relocating to its permanent location at 4045 Palos Verdes Drive North, Rolling Hills Estates.
Rolling Hills Gatehouse, Rolling Hills, California
Rolling Hills Gatehouse, Rolling Hills, California
Image shows view of the main Rolling Hills gatehouse, located at the intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Portuguese Bend Road, with mature landscaping visible behind the structure. The main gatehouse shown here was built in 1973, replacing the original structure constructed in 1935 when the area was first promoted. In addition to the main gatehouse, Rolling Hills has two other gatehouses, one at Crest Road West and another at Eastfield Drive and Palos Verdes Drive East., Image faded.
Saint Honore Bakery, Lunada Bay, Palos Verdes Estates, California
Saint Honore Bakery, Lunada Bay, Palos Verdes Estates, California
Image shows view of the bakery entrance awnings and patio of the Saint Honore Bakery located at 2201 Palos Verdes Drive West in Lunada Bay, Palos Verdes Estates. A group of three men are seated at a table under a large umbrella and one man is setting on a planter wall enclosing a large tree at center., Photo Source: Palos Verdes Peninsula News
The Shops at Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates, California
The Shops at Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates, California
Image shows view of the interior of the shopping mall, The Shops at Palos Verdes, located at 550 Deep Valley Drive in the Rolling Hills Estates, and decorated with Christmas themed decorations. Visible are the upper and lower levels and escalators., Photo Source: Palos Verdes Peninsula News.
The Shops at Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates, California
The Shops at Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates, California
Image shows view of the interior of the shopping mall, The Shops at Palos Verdes, located at 550 Deep Valley Drive in the Rolling Hills Estates, and union jack flag decorations. Visible are the upper and lower levels, with the skating rink visible in the middle., Photo Source: Palos Verdes Peninsula News.
Val G. Mott
Val G. Mott
Image shows half-length portrait of Val G. Mott, chainman and land surveyor for the Palos Verdes Project, wearing a suit in an indoor setting. Mr. Mott began working for the Palos Verdes Project in October 1923 and worked initially as part of a surveying crew. He was instrumental in measuring many of the roads particularly Crest Road and many of the lots and intersections in Palos Verdes Estates. He stopped working for the Palos Verdes Project in 1932., Includes Peninsula News Story dated July 12, 1984.
Val G. Mott
Val G. Mott
Image shows half-length portrait of Val G. Mott, chainman and land surveyor for the Palos Verdes Project, wearing a suit in an indoor setting. Mr. Mott began working for the Palos Verdes Project in October 1923 and worked initially as part of a surveying crew. He was instrumental in measuring many of the roads particularly Crest Road and many of the lots and intersections in Palos Verdes Estates. He stopped working for the Palos Verdes Project in 1932.
Vendome Liquors, Rolling Hills Estates, California
Vendome Liquors, Rolling Hills Estates, California
Image shows view of the front facade of Vendome Liquors, a wine and spirits shop formerly located at 27341 Hawthorne Boulevard in Rolling Hills Estates. Parked automobiles and a partial view of Hawthorne Boulevard are visible in the foreground. Signs for the Bank of America and Italian delicatessen are also visible. In 1993, Vendome Liquors sold the winning "super lotto" ticket worth $11.2 million., Photo Source: Palos Verdes Peninsula News.
Whistling Buoy off Point Fermin, San Pedro, California
Whistling Buoy off Point Fermin, San Pedro, California
Image shows close-up view of whistling buoy off Point Fermin, San Pedro. The Point Fermin lighthouse is visible at the top of a cliff in the background. '2806' is handwritten in the lower left corner of the image., Image stamped on back, 'L.A.H.C. / Local Hist. Proj.', and handwritten on back, 'Credit to Title Insurance.', Image mounted on heavy cardstock.

Pages