"Hotel del Coronado, Coronado, San Diego, Cal."

Abstract/Description: Hand-colored postcard image image shows east entrance of the Hotel del Coronado, with two automobiles parked in front. Designed by architects James and Watson Reid for the Coronado Beach Company, the “Del”, as it is commonly known, was completed in 1888 and designated a National Historic Landmark in 1977. Split-back printed in green ink on reverse with “PANAMA CALIFORNIA EXPOSITION – SAN DIEGO – 1915 – THE COMPLETION OF THE PANAMA CANAL” in medallion beneath galleon ship, and “PUBLISHED BY ENO & MATTESON, SAN DIEGO, CAL. MADE IN U.S.A.”, “C.T. PHOTOCHROM” for the Curt Teich Company of Chicago, numbered “R-39115”.
Subject(s): Panama-California Exposition (1915 : San Diego, Calif.)
Hotel del Coronado (Coronado, Calif.)
1911-1920