Women's Day at the fifteenth green of the Palos Verdes Golf Course.

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking northwest at a foursome comprised of Mrs. Harry Pressler (California Open Woman's champion), Miss Kirkham, Mr. Gardner, and Mr. Sample playing on the fifteenth green on Women's Day at the golf course, March 7, 1928. A caddy is holding the flag at left, with grove of euclyptus trees visible in background at right. The fifteenth green is where the first hole-in-one was made on the Palos Verdes Golf Course, by J.K. Birdsall on July 16, 1925. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse [not visible] is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Golf
Date Created: 1928-03-07