Palos Verdes Open Golf Tournament, Palos Verdes Golf Club.

Abstract/Description: Image shows the bridge to number two green at the Palos Verdes $2,500 "Open" Golf Tournament, which was held December 30 & 31, 1927 through January 1, 1928 at the Palos Verdes Golf Club. A group of golfers, officials and spectators are visible crossing the bridge, with the golf course in the distance. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse [not visible], is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Golf Tournaments
Date Created: 1928-01-01