Harry Phillips Sr. in horse-drawn wagon on Phillips Ranch.

Abstract/Description: Image shows Harry Phillips Sr. sitting in a horse-drawn wagon on the Phillips Ranch in an area that later became the Palos Verdes Golf Course. Two horses are tied up behind the wagon, and a barn and other structure are visible in background. Built in 1910 as the second home for the Phillips family, the ranch was located in Blackwater Canyon to the northeast of the present intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in Rolling Hills Estates. Harry Phillips (b. 1867) came to Southern California in 1887 and worked as ranch manager for George Bixby starting in 1894.
Subject(s): Ranches--California--Rolling Hills Estates
Horses
Carts & wagons
Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.)
Phillips Ranch (Rolling Hills Estates, Calif.)
1911-1920
Phillips, Harry F., Sr.
Date Created: 1915-00-00