Neptune Statue Dedication Ceremony, Malaga Cove Plaza, Palos Verdes Estates, California

Abstract/Description: Image shows view of Lt. Gov. Herschel L. Carnahan making his speech to a crowd assembled at the Neptune statue's dedication ceremony. Created by an unknown artist in the 17th century as a copy after the original 16th century bronze fountain by Giambologna, the sculpture was imported from Italy by the collector, Arnoldo Adolfo di Segni in the late 1920s, purchased from him by the Palos Verdes Project and dedicated in Malaga Plaza on February 16, 1930. The sculpture was restored and rededicated in 1969 and 1999.
Subject(s): Malaga Cove (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Sculpture
Dedication services
Date Created: 1930-02-16