Neptune Statue Dedication Ceremony, Malaga Cove Plaza, Palos Verdes Estates, California

Abstract/Description: Image shows group portrait of speakers from the Neptune statue's dedication ceremony. Identified as, left to right, Myron Hunt, C. Herrick Hammond, Mr. J. Monroe Hewlett, Jay Lawyer, Emile Pozzo, Vice-Counsul Ponce de Leon, Mrs. H.L. Carnahan, Lt.-Gov. Carnahan, and Walter J. Braunschweiger. Created by an unknown artist in the 17th century as a copy after the original 16th century bronze fountain by Giambologna, the sculpture was imported from Italy by the collector, Arnoldo Adolfo di Segni in the late 1920s, purchased from him by the Palos Verdes Project and dedicated in Malaga Plaza on February 16, 1930. The sculpture was restored and rededicated in 1969 and 1999.
Subject(s): Malaga Cove (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Sculpture
Dedication services
Portraits, Group
Date Created: 1930-02-16