Redondo Rotary Club Luncheon in the Ladies' Sun Parlor, Palos Verdes Golf Club.

Abstract/Description: Image shows interior view of the Ladies' Sun Parlor (finished by March 1925) with open-beam ceiling, french doors and stonework floor. Carl F. Ester (1888-1984), Manager of the Palos Verdes Golf Club, is standing behind U-shaped banquet table set for the luncheon meeting with silverware, water glasses, glass ashtrays with match holders, and flower vases. Several ferns hang from the ceiling. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Interiors
Sunspaces
Ester, Carl F.
Date Created: 1929-08-14