South façade of the Palos Verdes Golf Club.

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking northwest at the south façade and driveway of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. The Ladies' Sun Parlor (finished by March 1925) is visible at far left, with automobiles in parking lot to the left of the driveway. A lamppost is visible in front of a stone-line planter in driveway. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Date Created: 1928-07-00