South façade of the Palos Verdes Golf Club.

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking northeast at the south façade of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. Newly-planted landscaping is visible, with several automobiles in the parking lot. The shadow of the photographer is visible in foreground ar right, with the oil derricks of Torrance and San Gabriel Mountains in distance. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Date Created: 1925-02-00