West entrance of the Palos Verdes Golf Club.

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking north at the west entranceway of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. Two lanterns are atop a pair of newly added square pillars flanking the driveway, with lush landscaping in foreground. The Ladies' Sun Parlor (finished by March 1925) is visible at left, with an automobile in the driveway. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Date Created: 1926-11-28