South façade of the Palos Verdes Golf Club.

Abstract/Description: Image shows view of the west and south façades of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. Newly-planted landscaping is visible, with an unpaved Via Campesina in foreground at right. The snow-capped Mount San Antonio (aka "Mt. Baldy") and San Gabriel mountains are visible in distance. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Date Created: 1925-01-00