South façade of the Palos Verdes Golf Club.

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking northeast at the west and south façades of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. The Ladies' Sun Parlor (finished by March 1925) is visible at left, with an automobile parked in the driveway. A pair of lanterns on top of square pillars flank the west entranceway in foreground, with lush landscaping visible. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Date Created: 1926-12-00