First fairway of the Palos Verdes Golf Club.

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking east at first fairway of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. The main reservoir of the area's water system is visible in foreground at left, with the golf course in distance. Via Campesina is visible at far right, with the oil derricks of Torrance in the distance. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse [not visible] is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Date Created: 1928-12-03