View from the Palos Verdes Golf Club.

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking northwest from the triple-arched entrance loggia of the north façade of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. The golf course is visible through the archways, with an iron railing, flagstone porch floor and pathway in foreground. A eucalyptus grove is visible in the distance. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Arcades (Architectural components)
Date Created: 1925-01-00