Group of golfers at the Palos Verdes Golf Clubhouse.

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking east at a group of golfers along the entrance loggia along the north façade of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. Identified left to right, are: 1. E. D. Slingsby (Manager of the Palos Verdes Clubhouse); 2. Miss Charlotte Forrester; and 3. Mrs. George (Lulu) Mesall. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Subject(s): Slingsby, Earl "E.D." (1898-1979)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates
Arcades (Architectural components)
Portraits, Group
Forrester, Charlotte B.
Mesell, Lulu
Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Date Created: 1926-06-04