Automobiles decorated for celebration of newly opened highway, Palos Verdes Estates.

Abstract/Description: Image shows an automobile, truck and bus decorated for dedication of the newly opened Palos Verdes Coast Road. A shield-shaped sign on the car reads, "Greetings from Palos Verdes Estates."The truckbed carries a sign that reads, "Dedicating Palos Verdes Coast Road" with greetings extended from various local cities. The completion of the highway was celebrated on July 31, 1926 with a parade and 300-car caravan that began in San Pedro and terminated in Redondo Beach. The front of the Gardner Building in Malaga Cove Plaza is visible in background, with two men standing in wrought-iron balcony overlooking the caravan.
Subject(s): Automobiles
Roads--California--History
Caravans
Gardner Building (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Date Created: 1926-07-31