Mule-drawn wagon with bales of hay on the Phillips Ranch, Rolling Hills Estates

Abstract/Description: Image shows mules pulling wagon loaded with bales of hay on the Phillips Ranch in an area that later became the Palos Verdes Golf Course. Built in 1910 as the second home for the Phillips family, the ranch was located in Blackwater Canyon to the northeast of the present intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in Rolling Hills Estates.
Subject(s): Ranches--California--Rolling Hills Estates
Harvesting
Mules
Carts & wagons
Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.)
Phillips Ranch (Rolling Hills Estates, Calif.)
1911-1920
Date Created: 1915-00-00