White Point Hot Springs, San Pedro, California.

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking north at the White Point Hot Springs two-story hotel, with Rámon Sepúlveda (b. 1854), son of José Diego Sepúlveda, on horseback next to fountain in foreground. A woman is visible standing near fountain at far right. Located along the shore about three miles southeast of Portuguese Bend on property owned by Rámon Sepúlveda, the resort was built and operated by the Tagami family and was a popular coastal attraction during the 1920s and 1930s. Construction began in 1915 by Tamiji Tagami, and when completed the resort was comprised of a hotel, restaurant, rental cabins, sulfur-spring pool, saltwater pool, bathhouse, and a pier from which speedboats shuttled day-fishermen out to an off-shore fishing barge. The spa continued to operate until heavily damaged by the 1933 Long Beach earthquake.
Subject(s): White Point Hot Springs (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Hot springs--California--Los Angeles
Health resorts--California--Los Angeles
Hotels--California, Southern
Sepúlveda, Rámon Dolores
Coasts--California, Southern
San Pedro (Los Angeles, Calif.)
1921-1930
Date Created: 1922-00-00