Harry F. Phillips and wife Mary Ann in horse-drawn buggy at the Phillips Ranch

Abstract/Description: Image shows view of Harry and Mary Ann Phillips sitting in a buggy in front of the "Red Barn"on the Phillips Ranch. Built in 1910 as the second home for the Phillips family, the ranch was located in Blackwater Canyon to the northeast of the present intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in Rolling Hills Estates. Harry Phillips (b. 1867) came to Southern California in 1887 and worked as ranch manager for George Bixby starting in 1894. This photo was taken in 1912, the year of the last roundup of cattle on the Phillips Ranch.
Subject(s): Horse-drawn vehicles
Ranches--California--Rolling Hills Estates
Portraits, Group
Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.)
Phillips Ranch (Rolling Hills Estates, Calif.)
1911-1920
Phillips, Harry F., Sr.
Phillips, Mary Ann Roberts
Date Created: 1912-00-00