Weighing sheep at the Phillips Ranch, Rolling Hills Estates

Abstract/Description: Image shows view several ranch hands with sheep in a chute for weighing. on the Phillips Ranch. Built in 1910 as the second home for the Phillips family, the ranch was located in Blackwater Canyon to the northeast of the present intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in Rolling Hills Estates. Harry Phillips (b. 1867) came to Southern California in 1887 and worked as ranch manager for George Bixby starting in 1894.
Subject(s): Ranches--California--Rolling Hills Estates
Sheep--California
Phillips Ranch (Rolling Hills Estates, Calif.)
Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.)
1911-1920
Date Created: 1915-00-00