Loading barley on the Phillips Ranch, Rolling Hills Estates

Abstract/Description: Image shows farmhands loading sacks of barley on a horse-drawn wagon, most likely on its way to be milled in the city of Redondo Beach. Stacks of barley sacks are visible in foreground. Built in 1910 as the second home for the Phillips family, the ranch was located in Blackwater Canyon to the northeast of the present intersection of Palos Verdes Drive North and Rolling Hills Road in Rolling Hills Estates.
Subject(s): Ranches--California--Rolling Hills Estates
Agriculture--California--Rolling Hills Estates
Barley
Horse-teams
Carts & wagons
Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.)
Phillips Ranch (Rolling Hills Estates, Calif.)
1911-1920
Date Created: 1915-00-00