Palos Verdes Water Works Pump House No. 1, Harbor City.

Abstract/Description: Image shows view of the Palos Verdes Water Works Pump House No. 1, located at well #1 in Harbor City near the junction of Anaheim Road and Gaffey Road. Drilled in 1923, well #1 was the first principal source of Palos Verdes' water supply with a capacity of over 3,600,000 gallons per day. Visible in foreground are railroad tracks and power poles. [For more information on the Palos Verdes water supply, consult the Palos Verdes Bulletin, May 1925, pp. 4-6.]
Subject(s): Pumping stations
Date Created: 1925-00-00