Palos Verdes Stables

Abstract/Description: Image shows view of the grounds of the Palos Verdes Stables located at 4057 Via Opata in the Valmonte area of the City of Palos Verdes Estates. Visible to the left are several horses in a corral with bales of hay directly behind the corral. First established as the Palos Verdes Riding Academy in 1925, the Palos Verdes Stables was one of the recreational amenities provided by the Palos Verdes Project. The November 1925 issue of the Palos Verdes Bulletin, refers to it as "one of the most important recreational attractions of the whole Palos Verdes district." By 1929 promotional materials for the Project note that 14 miles of bridal trails had already been completed in the area.
Subject(s): Corrals
Horses
Hay
Palos Verdes Estates (Calif.)
1971-1980
Date Created: ca 1975