Wayfarers' Chapel Portuguese Bend, California

Abstract/Description: Color postcard image shows view of Wayfarers' Chapel. Narcissa Cox Vanderlip contributed the 3 1/2-acre site for the chapel, for which the cornerstone was dedicated on July 16, 1949. Lloyd Wright, son of the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright, was hired to design the chapel which opened in 1951. Postcard printed on reverse with "RANCHO PALOS VERDES, CALIFORNIA / The Wayfarers' Chapel, near Portuguese Bend, is open to all denominations, faiths and creeds, for worship and meditation. The Chapel is supported and maintained by contributions of passing "Wayfarers" in all walks of life." Also printed with "Plastichrome by Colourpicture, Boston 15, Mass., USA." "DISTRIBUTED BY 'Golden West' 2583 Maine Ave., L.B. 6 Calif." and "Color by Geo. E. Watson Studio. L.B. 6."
Subject(s): Chapels--California, Southern
Portuguese Bend (Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.)
Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.)
1951-1960
Wayfarers Chapel (Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.)
Date Created: ca 1951