Rolling Hills General Store, Rolling Hills Estates, California

Abstract/Description: Image shows view of the Rolling Hills General Store located at 26947 Rolling Hills Road and Palos Verdes Drive North in Rolling Hills Estates. Visible is a sign for the store, U.S, Post Office and the Rolling Hills Nursery School. The Rolling Hills General Store opened in 1938 as known as the Rolling Hills Market. In addition to selling items generally found in markets, it also sold horse equipment, hay and grain. Over the years it housed different businesses, including a beauty shop, nursery school, a child guidance center, post office and the the original Boy Scout troop house. It stopped serving as a post office in 2013
Subject(s): Storefronts
Signs and signboards
Rolling Hills Estates (Calif.)
1971-1980
Date Created: ca 1975