Red Onion restaurant, Rolling Hills Estates, California

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking southeast at the west facing facade of the Red Onion restaurant, located at 736 Bart Earle Way, in Rolling Hills Estates. Mature landscaping and houses are visible in the background. The building was designed by the architectural firm of Pollack and Palmer and opened in August 1963. Serving authentic Sonoran style Mexican food, the Red Onion chain of restaurant has been owned and operated by generations of the Earle family. The first Red Onion location opened in Inglewood in 1949. At one time, restaurants were located in Torrance, Hawthorne and Irvine. The Rolling Hills Estates location is the only remaining location. The Red Onion is one of the longest running restaurants in Rolling Hills Estates.
Subject(s): Rolling Hills Estates (Calif.)
1991-2000
Palos Verdes Peninsula (Calif.)
Restaurants--California--Rolling Hills Estates
Red Onion Building (Rolling Hills Estates, Calif.)
Date Created: ca 1994