Vanderlip Barn and Stables courtyard, Portuguese Bend, California

Abstract/Description: Images shows interior view of the stable yard located in a group of farm buildings built for Frank Vanderlip, Sr, located at 40 Narcissa Drive in Rancho Palos Verdes. The Spanish style, multi-story stucco building has a tile roof with a triple-arched entranceway at left, shuttered windows and doors on either side of the yard. Originally referred to as the Vanderlip Farmstead, the buildings were created for use as a barn and stable. In the 1950s the buildings went into private ownership and became the home of the Portuguese Bend Riding Club.
Subject(s): Architecture, Spanish
Farm buildings
Portuguese Bend (Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.)
1921-1930
Date Created: 1927