Villa Narcissa, Portuguese Bend, California

Abstract/Description: Image shows the south and west façades of the Villa Narcissa, a two-story stucco, tile-roof structure, built by Frank A. Vanderlip, Sr., located at 100 Vanderlip Drive, Rancho Palos Verdes. Partially visible at right is the beginning of a cypress-lined alle. Built initially as a guest house, the structure became the home for the Vanderlips when the Depression interrupted plans for the main house on the property. The home was named after Frank A. Vanderlip's wife, Narcissa Cox Vanderlip.
Subject(s): Portuguese Bend (Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif)
1921-1930
Houses--California--Rancho Palos Verdes
Vanderlip residence
Date Created: ca 1924