Palos Verdes Water Works pumping equipment

Abstract/Description: Image shows view of the Palos Verdes Water Works pumping station equipment, most likely located at well #1 in Harbor City near the junction of Anaheim Road and Gaffey Road. Pumping equipment included a vertical deep-well pump and six horizontal centrifugal pumps, and booster pumps. Drilled in 1923, well #1 was the first principal source of Palos Verdes' water supply with a capacity of over 3,600,000 gallons per day.
Subject(s): Pumping stations
1921-1930
Date Created: 1925-00-00