Palos Verdes Reservoir, Rolling Hills Estates

Abstract/Description: Images shows view of the Palos Verdes Reservoir located at the corner of Palos Verdes Drive East and Palos Verdes Drive North. Visible in the foreground is a street with an automobile parked on the side of the road with a young child holding the hand of an older women. The Palos Verdes Reservoir was completed in 1940. Holding a capacity of 326,000,000 gallons of water, the reservoir was part of the larger California Metropolitan Aqueduct water system and pulled water from the Colorado River for cities in the Southern California area.
Subject(s): Automobiles
Reservoirs
Rolling Hills Estates (Calif.)
1941-1950
Date Created: ca 1944