Palos Verdes Transportation Company bus

Abstract/Description: Image shows rear view of a Palos Verdes Transportation Company bus parked at the intersection of Via Corta and Via Tejon in front of the Gardner Building located in Malaga Cove Plaza, Palos Verdes Estates. Pedestrians are visible at right. The sign ‘PALOS VERDES BUS’ is visible on the rear door of the bus. The Palos Verdes Transportation Company started bus service in 1925 and operated under the rules of the California State Railroad Commission. It started with two buses and had regular routes to Redondo Beach, Malaga Cove, Valmonte Plaza, La Venta Inn and the Palos Verdes Golf Course. Over the first five years it expanded service to other parts of the Palos Verdes Peninsula and included night service. Its fleet included buses made by Ford and Reo. Buses were brown with gold lettering and trim.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Transporation Company
Transportation
Buses
1921-1930
Date Created: 1925