Palos Verdes Transportation Company buses

Abstract/Description: Image shows three buses parked along the street in the area of Malaga Cove Plaza in Palos Verdes Estates. The bus in the foreground has the label 'Palos Verdes Estates' noted above the windshield. A logo of Palos Verdes Estates and a fare notice of 20 cents is visible on the side of two of the buses. A lamppost and sign with an arrow and 'Exhibition House' are visible in the background. A street sign with arrows pointing towards 'Granvia La Costa' and 'San Pedro' is partially visible behind the bus in the background. Mature landscaping is visible behind the three buses. The Palos Verdes Transportation Company started bus service in 1925 with two buses. It added a third bus in November 1928 to handle the needs of the growing community. The new bus provided service between Redondo Beach and Malaga Cove Plaza approximately every 30 minutes. The Palos Verdes Transportation Company operated under the rules of the California State Railroad Commission.
Subject(s): Transportation
Buses
Malaga Cove (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Palos Verdes Transporation Company
Date Created: ca 1928