Malaga Cove Library entrance with young patrons, Palos Verdes Estates, California

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking east at the west façade of Malaga Cove Library, located at 2400 Via Campesina in Malaga Cove, with school children standing along the path leading to the entrance of the Library. Visible in the foreground is the grassy area of Farnham Martins Park. Designed by architect Myron Hunt and landscaped by the Olmsted Brothers, the Library was built for a cost of $90,000. It opened to the public on June 3, 1930, as the Public Library and Art Gallery, with reading rooms and shelving on the main floor and a gallery and community room on the ground level.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Estates (Calif.)
1941-1950
School children
Palos Verdes Library District (Calif.)
Library buildings--California--Palos Verdes Peninsula
Public libraries--California--Palos Verdes Peninsula
Date Created: ca 1945