Malaga Cove Library interior with young patrons, Palos Verdes Estates, California

Abstract/Description: Image shows interior view of the Malaga Cove Library, located at 2400 Via Campesina in Malaga Cove, with school children seated at tables working on books. Designed by architect Myron Hunt and landscaped by the Olmsted Brothers, the Library was built for a cost of $90,000. It opened to the public on June 3, 1930, as the Public Library and Art Gallery, with reading rooms and shelving on the main floor and a gallery and community room on the ground level.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Estates (Calif.)
1941-1950
Interiors
Palos Verdes Library District (Calif.)
Library buildings--California--Palos Verdes Peninsula
Public libraries--California--Palos Verdes Peninsula
School children
Date Created: ca 1945