Malaga Cove Library interior with young patrons, Palos Verdes Estates, California

Abstract/Description: Image shows interior view of the Malaga Cove Library, located at 2400 Via Campesina in Malaga Cove, with school children standing in front of a reference desk being helped by librarians. Designed by architect Myron Hunt and landscaped by the Olmsted Brothers, the Library was built for a cost of $90,000. It opened to the public on June 3, 1930, as the Public Library and Art Gallery, with reading rooms and shelving on the main floor and a gallery and community room on the ground level.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Estates (Calif.)
1941-1950
Interiors
Palos Verdes Library District (Calif.)
Library buildings--California--Palos Verdes Peninsula
Public libraries--California--Palos Verdes Peninsula
School children
Date Created: ca 1945