Malaga Cove Library entrance, Palos Verdes Estates, California

Abstract/Description: Image shows view looking east at the west façade of Malaga Cove Library, located at 2400 Via Campesina in Malaga Cove. Visible in the foreground is the grassy area and trees of Farnham Martins Park. Also visible is a stone staircase leading from the park to the fountain below and a portion of Via Campesina. Designed by architect Myron Hunt and landscaped by the Olmsted Brothers, the Library was built for a cost of $90,000. It opened to the public on June 3, 1930, as the Public Library and Art Gallery, with reading rooms and shelving on the main floor and a gallery and community room on the ground level.
Subject(s): Palos Verdes Estates (Calif.)
1991-2000
Farnham Martin's Park (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Palos Verdes Library District (Calif.)
Library buildings--California--Palos Verdes Peninsula
Public libraries--California--Palos Verdes Peninsula
Trees
Date Created: 1997-02-00